One of the many things I am thankful for this year is creators sharing Thanksgiving lessons. Scroll down or use the slider to the right for great examples.
The Feathers on Our Thankful-Turkeys–The VTip of the Week
Despite the challenges we face educating children with autism, there are myriad blessings to be counted as well. Thanksgiving is an ideal time to focus and reflect on the positives these kids have brought to us, as both educators and as human beings. I know there are silver linings on my thankful-turkey feathers–how about on yours?
As with any holiday, it also gives us a theme to bring variety to lessons that might otherwise be stale with repetition. Check out how educators across the country have incorporated Thanksgiving themes into lessons targeting concepts commonly on IEP’s.
(Click on the blue lesson titles to open the examples below in your browser [and don't forget to click Play at the bottom!], or look them up in Share by the Lesson ID for fully editable versions.)
- 5 Little Turkeys VizZle ID Number: 20236
- 10 Little Turkeys VizZle ID Number: 20723
- How Do You Celebrate Thanksgiving? VizZle ID Number: 7229
- The History of Thanksgiving VizZle ID Number: 6677
- Thanksgiving Writing (for electronic whiteboards) VizZle ID Number: 6994
- What Are Your Thankful For? VizZle ID Number: 7232
- Discrimination: Thanksgiving VizZle ID Number: 6775
- How Many Turkeys? VizZle ID Number: 20139
- Thanksgiving Vocab VizZle ID Number: 20945